Hashimoto’s Specialist in California[If you live in California, you are now able to coordinate care with Dr. Schwartzman. You can start and schedule you consult, available on-demand from the comfort of your home.]
Do you have Hashimoto’s?
Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is an autoimmune disease. Hashimoto’s is a multifaceted autoimmune condition, it involves different systems in the body, which include your digestive, immune, endocrine, nervous, and other systems. Hashimoto’s is not simply a dysfunction of your thyroid gland.
It is likely that by the time you reached your healthcare provider, you have already experienced long and frustrating health issues. Some of these complaints and frustrating symptoms, include brain fog or lack of mental clarity, lack of energy, digestive distress, skin or hair issues, weight fluctuations, and so many more.
Because Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism is a multifaceted disease, managing it requires more than simply replacing thyroid hormones. Although it can help, it is simply not enough to replace your thyroid hormone to get the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) level to be within the lab range.
Many people who work with me, often share that they have seen many providers, have had numerous lab tests (and, in many cases their labs are normal), and in general are told that everything looks normal. Most importantly, I hear the same question over and over (similar to the title of the book by Dr. Datis Kharrazian) “Why do I still have thyroid symptoms, when my lab tests are normal?”.
In order to manage your Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism effectively, we may need to fully explore and understand the factors that contribute to your individual dysfunction. In order to better understand which systems are involved as the underlying issues to this complex disease.
How exactly can Dr. Schwartzman help you?
Dr. Igor Schwartzman incorporates a functional medicine approach with a comprehensive methodology to treatment and management of Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism. From the very beginning, we create a clear plan and vision of your health goals, while maintaining open communication of your healthcare needs. As a doctor, I encourage people to be empowered and active in their own health process, and always welcome questions. My role as a doctor is to be an educator, providing you the tools you need to take your well-being to the next level.
The initial steps are focused on better understanding all aspects of your health issues related to Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism:
- I take the time to LISTEN to your complete health journey
- I take the time to EVALUATE all aspects of your health history affecting your health
- I take the time to PLAN your treatment regimen based on your individualized healthcare needs and physiology
As part of gaining a better understanding of your underlying health issues, you will receive:
- A complete review of your health history, your previous records and lab results
- Most up-to-date functional labs and testing
Assessment & Treatment of Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism
Click on the chart below to take a closer look.
NOW AVAILABLE IN CALIFORNIA NEAR YOU
Now Available: Telehealth On-Demand and Virtual Visit with Dr. Schwartzman
If you live in California, have Hashimoto’s hypothyroidism, and are ready to feel better!
- Make sure to gather as much information as you can from your previous healthcare providers, particularly any recent (last 9-12 months) lab testing that you may have had done. You are welcome to email, or upload them to your new Personal Health Portal Account.
First Virtual Appointment
- Your initial appointment involves a complete health history intake, review of any previous medical records and lab results. At the end of the virtual visit, and/or shortly after your first visit, Dr. Schwartzman will recommend additional lab testing as necessary.
Follow-up Virtual Appointment
- This visit is scheduled at 2-3 weeks after the initial appointment.
- The purpose of the second appointment is to review, discuss, and have all of your initial questions addressed pertaining to your lab(s) testing and the initial phase of the treatment plan.
- This visit is an opportunity for you to become an active participant in your own health process, ask questions, and gain a better understanding as to the treatment regimen that is designed specifically for you.
Subsequent Virtual Appointments
- Your follow up virtual visits are scheduled at 6-7 weeks, and are designed to evaluate, review, and modify your treatment plans according to your own health process.
- To assess your progress, both using a functional medicine approach and testing as needed, as well as your own subjective assessment and report.
- To maintain the consistency of your individualized treatment plan, it is essential that you keep regular follow up visits.